Searching for an awesome Business Development Executive role in the St. Louis area?
Swip Systems is looking to fill a St. Louis Business Development role with someone that will be an incredible asset.
If, after reading the position description below, you don’t feel you are overqualified, please do not apply.
Business Development Executive Primary Role
Your primary role would be to work with our leadership team to help hunt for and develop new prospects and work with those connections to develop relationships that lead to closed sales.
Work Culture at Swip Systems
Here at Swip Systems, we pride ourselves on hard work, open communication and mutual respect. Our staff works in a casual environment with a lot of autonomy. Find out more about Swip Systems to see if you’re a good fit for this leading software development firm. You can also explore other technology careers at Swip Systems.
Swip Systems is made up of a bunch of engineers and software geeks that turned our passion into a thriving business. We are looking for a business development professional that can help grow our organization by locating and developing new sales opportunities.
We are a values-driven organization that exists to help other people through technology development in the St. Louis area. Read our client success stories to get a feel for what kind of work we do.
Business Development Executive Job Description
The ideal person is someone that is comfortable with themselves and knows exactly what is needed to get a job done with little or no direction. They are a detailed person that leaves no task undone, yet is comfortable talking with anyone from entry level roles to the most influential people in St. Louis.
The ideal Business Development Executive has a “can do” attitude that can develop relationships that lead to more sales. They have great networking skills and know how to use those skills to hunt for new projects. They are a fast learner that handles today’s technology as if they have been using it for years.
The candidate has great writing skills with a professional tone, good grammar and good spelling. They are usually the connector in the crowd and people go to them to make connections.
Ideal Qualities for the Business Development Executive
If you are the right person for this job, you…
- Have worked previously as a sales rep or business development professional
- Are a hunter, love the chase and love landing deals
- Have emotional intelligence and maturity
- Can’t stand leaving a possible connection hanging or leaving follow up undone
- Think fast on your feet and quickly adapt to the situation
- Move at the speed of small business
- Are able to effectively manage and schedule your time to maximize the number of people you can connect with
- Can follow up with new connections being made every day and make sure appropriate follow up steps are taken, so no one feels left out
- Have a relentless drive to see a conversation through to a Yes or a No decision
- Know how to tactfully address budget with prospects to qualify sales leads
- Know how to ask the right questions that cause a prospect to think through the situation they are in and how you can help
- Can speak enough “geek” to explain what we do to prospects
- Have a technical edge that will allow you to understand our capability so you can sell our products and services
- Understand business processes and make suggestions on how our technology can solve business challenges
- Are very self-motivated, autonomous and have a “can do” attitude
- Don’t make excuses for missed quotas, sales budgets or sales meeting deadlines
- Don’t take the easy road, but take the road that is needed to do an awesome job for your connections
- Can read a challenging situation and anticipate what needs to be done to make it a success
- Have a friendly attitude and like meeting new people
- Give others the courtesy of letting them speak first and don’t assume what they are going to tell you
- Be the “Steady Eddie” and work consistently to achieve a set of goals
- Are comfortable talking with some of the most influential people in St. Louis
- Are incredibly reliable and keep the promises you make to connections
- Are flexible and roll with the punches
- Have the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously without missing a thing
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have the technical ability and attention to detail to maintain all of your contact information in a CRM
- Take constructive criticism well so we can improve as a team and move on
- Pick up quickly on new technology and online tools
- Are comfortable in the Office 365 and Google suite of tools
Business Development Executive Role Details
The ideal person is someone that is driven to perform their job with the highest level of quality possible. They have prior experience in software sales, professional services sales, custom software development sales or custom projects.
You will work directly with the owners and the leadership team to develop new ways to engage with prospects, research into networking groups that will introduce you to lead sources, brainstorm creative ways to engage new customers to locate projects, and determine new sales strategies and tactics to introduce yourself to potential customers.
If this is you, we look forward to meeting you and seeing what we can accomplish together!! Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.