Mobile apps have become more important than ever in 2020. They help us with basic needs like alarm clocks and cooking and help us shop for food and essential goods. Now, due to the COVID pandemic, mobile apps are also crucial for many workers to do their jobs, for kids to learn remotely, and for businesses to survive.
If your company has been tossing around the idea of implementing a mobile app, or you already have an app that could be updated to meet the latest market demands, there’s never been a better time to do so. And the best place to begin is with an external strategic partnership for mobile app development.
People spent 20% more time using apps in the first quarter of 2020 compared to 2019. Consumers also spent over $23 billion in app stores – the largest spend per quarter recorded to date. – Katie Jones, Visual Capitalist
From Concept to Launch, Outsourcing Delivers a Mobile App Faster
It is rare for a business to have the internal expertise and bandwidth to complete a successful software and mobile app development project. Day-to-day operations inevitably interrupt the chance of completing the project, leaving all the benefits of a successful mobile app on the table.
Smart companies take the route of outsourcing their mobile app projects to a reputable software and application development company that looks at the project as a partnership. In this partnership, the external team works with your team to take actionable steps to create, coordinate, and expedite your software and mobile app needs. This allows you to spend your time attending to the core aspects of your business, while your mobile app is finalized faster.
A strategic partnership with an external software and custom app company ensures all aspects of the project are organized from start to finish. The process looks something like this:
- Flesh out concepts that are only an idea.
- Take ideas to the discovery stage and assess if they are actionable.
- Develop a go-to-market strategy and work toward your “go live” date.
- Collaboratively create a mockup or “wireframe” of what you want to build.
- Think through processes for your Minimal Viable Product (MVP).
- Hash out suggested core features and develop those that make sense.
- Work out any bugs; implement beta testing and fix quirks fast.
- Go live and manage initial functionality as the app is downloaded and used.
- Work with your internal team and support the technology going forward.
As brick-and-mortar business slowed amid COVID, the predominance of digital businesses with solid mobile apps has increased. Businesses that have identified people’s pain-points and leveraged digital platforms to cater to their needs will come out even stronger post-pandemic. The global economy is ready to embark on a digital transformative journey triggered by the Coronavirus disruption. – Business of Apps
How Do You Choose the Right Software & Mobile App Partner?
Since there is no way to know with absolute certainty if a software and app development company can deliver on your specific project, spend a bit of extra time on due diligence. Ask for referrals from other businesses that have gone through the process already. Look at different companies’ credentials, reviews, websites, and completed applications. See if what they’re saying speaks to you. You’ll usually get a feeling for their responsiveness and follow-through with just a couple of preliminary conversations.
Once you’ve chosen a couple of software companies to interview, ask team members a lot of questions – beyond just technology. Do the developers understand business? Are they “programmers” or “developers?” What kind of credentials do they have? What happens to your project if part of the team is unavailable? Are they financially stable?
Also, ask about:
- Nothing – absolutely nothing – can compete with proven experience. You also need to know the company will be available in the future, that they are not a fly-by-night operation.
- Their mobile app samples. Are they user-friendly? Do you like the way they look, feel, sound, and function?
- Speak with a few clients about customer service, deadlines, reliability. Even with confidentiality/NDAs, there are usually one or two who will speak with you.
When you choose the right team to be your strategic mobile app partner, you will benefit from expert technical advice and consultation, an immediate increase in the technology savviness of your internal team and each person’s bandwidth, and the freedom to manage it all from a higher viewpoint.
The Swip Systems development team takes a holistic approach – combining all the puzzle pieces – to turn your idea into a custom, intelligence-based mobile app that evolves with your business needs and creates a superb user experience and user interface (UX/UI).
The benefits of partnering for your mobile app all culminate in the most important part of any business’s growth – customer love.
- Speed to market + lower internal costs = expedited revenue.
- Capture and enhance market differentiators.
- Outpace the competition; keep/grow market share.
- Build new internal team skills, company culture flourishes.
- Ease of production; focus on tending to daily business.
- Gain customer love (customer satisfaction); they continue to buy and refer.
No Time to Waste – A Mobile App Could Make or Break Your Business
Mobile apps are no longer the “future.” 2020 has pushed us into a global, app-based selling environment, that, in some cases, is creating a make-or-break situation for many businesses. Whether you’re B2B or B2C, a mobile app will help your company manage and improve lead generation activities, sales functions, internal production, order fulfillment/delivery, and most importantly, customer relations.
Which is why it is imperative to start on your mobile app design sooner rather than later. There’s no time to waste – partner with a strategic software and app development partner and get your app to market faster.
Since our society has had to adapt to a nearly 100% online sales cycle, there is a competitive advantage for B2C and B2B companies that already have a mobile app or are ready to launch one.
The Bottom Line …
Just the thought of building a mobile app can scare even the most tech-savvy individual. However, the proficiencies of mobile app development have come a long way. Additionally, when you have a solid strategic partner like Swip Systems, we make the thousands of details come together.
Our team partners with your team in a low-stress, synergistic way to get your mobile app to market as fast as possible so you can stay one step ahead of your competition, give your company the edge it needs, and satisfy customers, all with the goal of profitability.
Whether you’ve begun a mobile app that’s stalled, or you have a concept that needs a professional opinion, Swip Systems is here to help. Feel free to contact our team if you have any questions about this topic. 877.377.SWIP